Become a much more efficient video editor by streamlining your video editing workflow – creating export presets in Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the ways to achieve this.
Creating your own custom export presets in Premiere Pro will help you streamline your video editing process. You can set your frame rate, audio format, frame size and much more as a preset in Adobe Premiere Pro.
This will save you a lot of time when it comes to you exporting the full video or a sequence. If you find you use one preset a lot and it’s high quality, you can share the preset with your friends and colleagues with relative ease.
Let’s check out “How to create export presets in Adobe Premiere Pro” below.
1. Firstly, customise your export preset settings
Once you are ready to customise your export settings and ready to export your sequence simply:
- Click File>Export to pop up the Export Settings box.
- Now choose your preferred format from the list.
- Then select from a long list of presets Adobe Premiere Pro provides.
You can now either customise (includes frame rate, pixel aspect ratio, frame size, bitrate, and audio formatting) these to your preferred setup or match them to your sequence settings.
2. Save your export preset
Now you have created the preset; next, we will need to save it. To save your export preset, simply follow these steps:
- Click the Save Preset icon on the right of the Presets Menu.
- It will now ask you to name your Export Preset.
- Then select if you want to add Publish Settings and Effects Settings in your Export Preset.
Once this is complete, you will have saved your export preset in Adobe Premiere Pro. The two tabs for Publish and Effects settings offer a multitude of options.
These include a video limiter, image and timecode overlays, the ability to automate your social media uploads, and the opportunity to add custom Lumetri Looks.
The automation of social media uploads can help you automate your workflow, especially if you’re a business that thrives off social media posts.
3. Import and share your preset
Now your export presets have been created and saved, it’s time to share them! To share them, simply:
- Locate your export presets by going to Adobe > Adobe Media Encoder > 11.0 > Presets.
- You can copy and share the .epr files with other editors and friends.
How to import an export preset in Adobe Premiere Pro
To import an Export Preset you’ve received or purchased, select the Import Preset button that sits next to the Save Preset button in your Export Settings box.
When you import another .epr file, it is automatically copied over to the Presets folder. Then you can use it whenever you want. You simply select it from your custom presets, and you are done!
Here are a few more of our Adobe Premiere Pro tutorials that will improve your video editing. Check them out below!