Finding the right editing software can be daunting, time-consuming and most importantly EXPENSIVE. You need it to have the right functionality so you can edit your film to how you want to tell the story. For your beautiful vision to be recognised to its fullest. Trying to find the best video editing software for beginners is open of there toughest tasks as it can be a huge outlay that you want to get spot on.
What is the best video editing software for beginners?
Editing is one of the biggest components to moulding this to your style. Obviously, you need it written and shot in the style but without editing it correctly, you’re left with nothing…
Well. A slight exaggeration, but you get the idea.
Let us help you make the CORRECT decision, here are our four favourite video editing softwares for beginners:
Adobe Premiere Pro is the industry-leading video editing software for film, TV and the web. Creative tools, integration with other apps and services and the power of Adobe Sensei help you craft footage into polished films and videos. With their Premiere Rush app, you can edit your footage from any device.
It’s an amazingly diverse program, you can edit footage in any format, from 8K to virtual reality. Native file support, lightweight proxy workflows and faster ProRes HDR allow you to work how you like with your media.
This is a straight forward, easy to use and free video editor. For your first editing program, this is one of the best to blood you before you step up to the next level. You really can hone your skills and ground yourself on Videopad.
3 key features:
- Intuitive editing.
- Export to file or disk (Not sure why in this day and age, but… Let’s not complain).
- Supports all video formats.
READ MORE: The Must-Have Cameras For 2020
Another freebie… we know.
Let’s make this simple, as simple as iMovie is to use. Probably not as sleek, but we will give it a bloody good go.
- Supports 4K video.
- Edit on Mac or an iOS device.
- Create stunning cinema-quality films.
- Studio-Quality Titles.
- Extra-Special Effects.
- High-Fidelity Filters.
- Cut from iPhone to iPad to Mac.
- Share your movie, easy to share functionality.
- It’s FREE.
Download it HERE
Why does this stand out? Are they not the same? You ask. It has all the basic features – cutting, rotating, cropping and zooming, trimming and splitting… You can add up to 100 video tracks and 100 audio tracks.
They also throw in these little features:
- Visual effects.
- Title & text.
- Credits templates.
- Cool sound effects.
Check out a few more articles below to set you on your filmmaking journey and don’t forget to sign up to our FREE newsletter with all the latest news, filmmaking contest, resources and filmmaking tutorials so you don’t miss out!
- The top skills filmmakers need to succeed
- 3 Key tips for hiring the best film crew
- How to write a logline: The ultimate guide
- How to become a film director
- 7 screenwriting tips for beginners
- Top 5 Mirrorless cameras to buy in 2020
- 7 essential tips to improve dialogue within your script
- 9 essential film lighting techniques every filmmaker should know
- A guide to buying the perfect tripod