The Must-Have DSLR Cameras For 2020
As the year begins and we are all planning for a big 2020, the question on everyone’s minds is what DSLR camera shall I buy for 2020?
In this article, we cover a variety of DSLR cameras, break down the key features and hopefully help you pick the correct camera for your style of filmmaking…
This camera is one of our personal favourites for photography and filmmaking. This is the ideal starter camera for amateur filmmakers. With an easy-to-use set up its hands down one of the best starter cameras, with a 24.1-megapixel resolution, the quality to cost ratio is favourable. So, start your filmmaking career today with this exceptional camera – you can easily connect, shoot and share on the go.
- 24.7MP optical sensor resolution.
- 24.1MP effective still resolution.
- Camera dimensions: 16.6 x 22.2 x 13.8 cm.
- EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II.
- 3x Optical Zoom.
This camera is an incredible piece of kit. This camera has created a lot of cinematic shorts in its time. One of the best can be seen here. It has a razor sharp auto focus and ISO light-sensitivity range of 100-25600 key allows you to shoot a crisp and natural film which is easy on the eye and ultimately great fun to film!
- 24.78MP optical sensor resolution.
- 24.78MP effective still resolution.
- Camera dimensions: 6.9 x 12.4 x 9.7 cm.
- ISO light-sensitivity range of 100-25600.
This is a high-performance premium camera that will become an inseparable partner in your artistic journey. This camera aims to please your filmmaking needs and provides you with the resources to create the dream film. It’s also a great tool for vloggers providing you with the right exposure to capture that crisp film – add a Rode shotgun mic and you are on your way to YouTube domination.
- Back-illuminated X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, boasting a resolution of 26.1MP.
- 3.69-million-dot high-resolution EVF with a high magnification ratio of 0.75x.
- 4K/60P movie recording.
- Complete with XF18-55mm lens.
- X-T3 Body – Black.
- XF18-55mm Lens.
- Li-ion battery NP-W126S.
- Battery charger BC-W126S.
- Shoe-mount flash unit EF-X8.
So there it is. Our favourite cameras for 2019. Kick the new year off with one of best, most affordable DSLR’s to kick off your next short film!
Check out a few more articles below to set you on your filmmaking journey and don’t forget to sign up to our FREE newsletter with all the latest news, filmmaking contest, resources and filmmaking tutorials so you don’t miss out!
- The top skills filmmakers need to succeed
- 3 Key tips for hiring the best film crew
- How to write a logline: The ultimate guide
- How to become a film director
- 7 screenwriting tips for beginners
- Top 5 Mirrorless cameras to buy in 2020
- 7 essential tips to improve dialogue within your script
- 9 essential film lighting techniques every filmmaker should know
- A guide to buying the perfect tripod